Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sestina

My faintly worn path is careless,
a bewildering road
thrown intoa mess
of others, tangling over
a map backed in shaded gray fear.
do you understand, my friend?

It feels asd though i'm splitting, friend,
And I'm lured by a want to be careless.
I know this obsession is what you fear.
My life is a dividing road
With two conduits for you and I to fight over.
We both know I'llthrow away balance in favor of mess.

The idea of choosing mess
Consumes me, and this inner chaos is a fancied friend.
I long for the unhealthy race-too-soon-over,
and I cannot forget my lovely-colored careless.
I've never wished for a road
Of "perfect" safety, and i'm sorry for your fear.

and though i know you only fear
For my well-being and snarled mind of mess,
I'll still depart from the road
You ask me to construct, as a true friend.
I'll feed this endless taste for life (with a side of careless)
Despite the realization that his headlong adrenaline rush will quickly be over.

I told you my healthless run was over,
A tiny-big-black-white lie to calm the fear.
I'm thinking this was insanely careless.
You know me well enough not to see the mess.
You love me more then I deserve, friend,
From my selfish soul to the poorly maintained road.

Soon, my restless self will take to the road.
I've got time to kill, burned bridges to cross over,
and I'm yet stuill hopefull that you're the friend
I keep. Losing you is a dark possibility I fear.
Without you, life would be more so a mess.
I can only apoligize, love, for my excess so careless.

The short and winding road I walk, without fear,
Though the walk shall soon be over, an end to my mess.
I wish I had not treated the friend, only friend, with such careless.

No comments:

Post a Comment